Hacker Paradise Terms and Conditions
Las updated April 14, 2022
1. International Medical Insurance
- Every Hacker Paradise attendee is required to have a form of international medical insurance for emergencies and sign the Hacker Paradise waiver.
2. Time frame
- One month is defined as 4 weeks, beginning on a Sunday and ending on a Saturday.
- Months purchased as part of a long term plan should be used within 12 months from the signup date
3. Selecting locations
- When you make your initial payment, you will map out the locations you want to go to and for what time period. This is your original trip itinerary.
- You have the flexibility to move between the Hacker Paradise trips on different continents, though we recommend staying 2-3 months on one continent before switching.
4. Changing locations
- You can adjust your original trip itinerary to other Hacker Paradise trips during those same dates as long as you let us know 12 weeks before the trip start date for that location.
- All requests to modify your trip location submitted less than 12 weeks before your original start date are examined on a case-by-case basis and are accepted or refused at the discretion of Hacker Paradise. If your request is accepted, you will be charged a minimum change fee of $200 USD. The change fee may increase based on the availability of housing at the new location.
- If you change or add destinations later and the price has increased after you outlined your original trip itinerary, you are responsible for paying the price difference.
- If you are coming for just one month, you will pay the full amount when you sign up for a trip.
- If you are coming long term, you will pay for the first month when you sign up for a trip. Subsequent payments will be on the first of the month, the month before you are on trip
- Ex. If you are joining on April 8, we would charge 1 month of payment on March 1.
- If you cancel or shorten a trip more than 120 days before the intended start, you will receive a full refund minus a 200 USD banking and processing fee.
- In cases where you are not cancelling or shortening the length of a trip: If you modify the dates of your trip less than 60 days before your original start date, you will be charged a minimum change fee of 200 USD. The change fee may increase based on the availability of housing during your new trip dates.
- If you cancel or shorten a trip with more than 30 days before the intended start, you will receive a refund of 50% of the paid amount.
- If you cancel or shorten a trip with less than 30 days before the intended start or after a trip begins, we cannot issue you a refund.
- If you purchased a long-term trip plan and need to reduce the number of months in your package, you forfeit the long-term plan rate and will be invoiced for the difference in cost between the regular trip price and the long-term plan rate.
- Any payment you make is not transferable to another person nor can your spot on the trip be filled by anyone besides you.
7. Damage to property
- You are financially responsible for any property you or your guests damage or break in the Hacker Paradise housing or coworking space during your stay with us.
8. Sharing a room
- If you plan to have a non-Hacker Paradise guest stay in your accommodation, there is an occupancy charge that is assessed to each night of your guest’s stay. Guest stays may not exceed 5 days.
- Tier 1 trip fee: 30 USD/night.
- Tier 2 trip fee: 35 USD/night
- Tier 3 trip fee: 45 USD/night
- If you plan to travel with a guest who will not be on the program and whose stay would exceed 5 days, please let your contact person know so that we can evaluate pricing on a case-by-case basis.
- If your guest is a participant, we charge a program fee (~roughly 1,300 USD a month) for the additional participant if you are sharing a room.
- For families, Hacker Paradise offers family-friendly lodging options on a case-by-case basis. Please reach out to us directly.
9. Personal Responsibility
- Hacker Paradise helps guests find hotels and coworking spaces to work from. Beyond this, participants are responsible for their own health, safety, and security while traveling. Hacker Paradise provides travel advice and warnings but does not accept any responsibility for guests’ safety and security. Participants are liable for their own safety and security, including purchasing their own medical travel insurance and vaccinations.
10. Photo & Data Permissions
- By attending Hacker Paradise, you consent to your voice, name, personal information, and/or likeness being used, without compensation, in films and tapes in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, for eternity, and you release Hacker Paradise, its successors, assigns and licensees from any liability whatsoever of any nature. Moreover, any postings of photos or images on the Hacker Paradise Slack channel or Hacker Paradise shared google photo album irrevocably assigns to Hacker Paradise and its successors, in perpetuity, all rights to use the photos anywhere in the world and in any medium (whether now known or hereinafter invented). Hacker Paradise will take down immediately after express notice to Hacker Paradise, any media you’re included in if you don’t find it acceptable.
11. Acceptable Behavior
In order to maintain a safe, welcoming and inclusive community, Hacker Paradise reserves the right to terminate the stay and membership of participants at any time, for reasons including but not limited to:
- Illegal Acts – if a participant breaks the law of the country they are in.
- Local Relations – if a participant behaves in an unkind or offensive way towards our host country, including but not limited to hotel and coworking staff.
- Reckless Acts – if a participant willingly or unwillingly acts in a way that puts themselves or other participants in an unreasonable amount of danger.
- Community Behavior – if a participant is repeatedly reported on by other participants, or if the participant behaves in a negative and rude way towards other participants.
12. Force Majeure
- In no event shall Hacker Paradise be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its control, including, without limitation, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes or acts of God, and interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services.
13. Changes to the T&Cs
These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
This agreement is enforceable in the jurisdiction of under which Hacker Paradise, or its successors, is subject to.
15. Paradise Pass Promotion
- Only applies to 2022 trips.
- This deal cannot be applied in conjunction with any other discounts (including members discount), promotions or referral commission.
- The Pass can only be redeemed for periods of 4 weeks or more.
- If there is a discrepancy between the value of your Paradise Pass and the value of your chosen trip (trips are priced depending on destination):
- The pass holder will be responsible for paying the difference in cases where the trip total is higher than the Paradise Pass value.
- Hacker Paradise will issue a credit in cases where the trip total is lower and will not provide cash refunds.
- Payment requirements:
- 1 month Paradise Pass – Total invoice to be paid upfront.
- 3 months Paradise Pass – The first 2 months to be paid upfront.
- 6 months Paradise Pass – The first 3 months to be paid upfront.
- Confirm your Paradise Pass destination no less than 60 days before the trip start date. If there is still a remaining balance on your Pass, it will need to be paid at this point.
16. COVID-19 Global Pandemic
- If we cancel your trip because the situation around Covid-19 changes at your trip destination, you may choose to receive:
- a full refund (minus a 200 USD banking and processing fee), or
- a full credit to put towards a future trip.
- If you cannot join your trip because of government restrictions on departure/arrival or flight cancellations due to Covid-19, we will refund/credit the program portion of your trip.
- If you decide not to join your trip for other reasons our existing T&C’s apply:
- Cancellations that occur more than 120 days before the commencement of a trip will result in a full refund, less 200 USD banking and processing fee.
- Cancellations that occur between 30 and 120 days before the commencement of a trip will result in a 50% refund.
- Cancellations that occur less than 30 days before the commencement of a trip will not result in a refund.
- We reserve the right to revise T&Cs.