Hacker Paradise Terms and Conditions
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONSTITUTE A PART OF YOUR CONTRACT WITH HACKER PARADISE AND, UPON ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR APPLICATION, GOVERN YOUR HACKER PARADISE TRIP AND PARTICIPATION IN THE HACKER PARADISE PROGRAM WHICH YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN AND CONSTITUTE A BINDING CONTRACT AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS AND THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND HACKER PARADISE.
1. International Medical Insurance
- Every Hacker Paradise attendee is required to have a form of international medical insurance for emergencies. If it is found that you do not have medical insurance, or have medical insurance that is insufficient, you bear the associated risks.
2. Time frame
- One month is defined as 4 weeks, beginning on a Sunday and ending on a Saturday.
- Months purchased as part of a long term plan should be used within 12 months from the signup date.
- All unused months, partial-months, credits, and trip passes expire 12 months from the original purchase date, unless explicitly outlined in writing by Hacker Paradise prior to the expiration date.
- Referral credits expire 12 months from the date they were acquired.
3. Selecting locations
- When you make your initial payment, you will map out the locations you want to go to and for what time period. This is your original trip itinerary.
- You have the flexibility to move between the Hacker Paradise trips on different continents, though we recommend staying 2-3 months on one continent before switching.
4. Changing locations
- You can adjust your original trip itinerary to other Hacker Paradise trips during those same dates without penalty as long as you let us know in writing 12 weeks before the trip start date for that location.
- All requests to modify your trip location submitted less than 12 weeks before your original start date are examined on a case-by-case basis and are accepted or refused at the discretion of Hacker Paradise. If your request is accepted, you will be charged a minimum change fee of $200 USD. The change fee may increase based on housing obligations in the original location and the availability of housing at the new location.
- If you change or add destinations later and the price has increased after you outlined your original trip itinerary, you are responsible for paying the price difference.
- If you are coming for just one month or less, you will pay the full amount when you sign up for a trip.
- If you are coming long-term, you will pay for the first month when you sign up for a trip. Subsequent payments will be on the first of the month, two months before you are on your next trip (ex. If you are joining on April 8, we would be charged 1 month of payment on February 1.)
- For long-term itineraries, the initial month will be charged at the 1 month rate. Subsequent months will be invoiced at the discounted long-term rate.
- If you cancel or shorten a trip more than 120 days before the intended start, you will receive a full refund minus a $200 banking and application processing fee.
- In cases where you are not cancelling or shortening the length of a trip: If you modify the dates of your trip less than 60 days before your original start date, you will be charged a minimum change fee of $200 . The change fee may increase based on housing obligations for the original trip dates and the availability of housing during your new trip dates.
- If you cancel or shorten a trip between 90 days and 45 days before the intended start, you will receive a refund of 50% of the paid amount, minus a $200 USD banking and application processing fee.
- If you cancel or shorten a trip with less than 45 days before the intended start or after a trip begins, we cannot issue you a refund.
- If you purchased a long-term trip plan and need to reduce the number of months in your package, you forfeit the long-term plan rate and will be invoiced for the difference in cost between the regular trip price and the long-term plan rate.
- Any payment you make is not transferable to another person nor can your spot on the trip be filled by anyone besides you.
7. Damage to property
- You are financially responsible for any property you or your guests damage or break in the Hacker Paradise housing or coworking space during your stay with us.
8. Sharing a room
- If you plan to have a non-Hacker Paradise guest stay in your accommodation, there is an occupancy charge that is assessed to each night of your guest’s stay, generally between 30-45 USD per night based on location. Guest stays may not exceed 5 days.
- If you plan to travel with a guest who will not be on the program and whose stay would exceed 5 days, please let your contact person know so that we can evaluate pricing on a case-by-case basis.
- If your guest is a participant, we charge a program fee (~roughly 1,300 USD a month) for the additional participant if you are sharing a room.
- For families, Hacker Paradise offers family-friendly lodging options on a case-by-case basis. Please reach out to us directly.
9. Personal Responsibility
- Hacker Paradise helps guests find hotels and coworking spaces to work from. Beyond this, participants are responsible for their own health, safety, and security while travelling. Hacker Paradise provides travel advice and warnings but does not accept any responsibility for guests’ safety and security. Participants are liable for their own safety and security, including purchasing their own medical travel insurance and vaccinations.
10. Photo & Data Permissions
- By attending Hacker Paradise, you consent to your voice, name, personal information, and/or likeness being used, without compensation, in films and tapes in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, and you release Hacker Paradise, its successors, assigns and licensees from any liability whatsoever of any nature. Moreover, any postings of photos or images on the Hacker Paradise Slack channel or Hacker Paradise shared google photo album irrevocably assigns to Hacker Paradise and its successors, in perpetuity, all rights to use the photos anywhere in the world and in any medium (whether now known or hereinafter invented). Hacker Paradise will take down immediately after express notice to Hacker Paradise, any media you’re included in if you don’t find it acceptable.
11. Acceptable Behavior
- In order to maintain a safe, welcoming and inclusive community, Hacker Paradise reserves the right to terminate the stay and membership of participants at any time, for reasons including but not limited to:
- Illegal Acts – if a participant breaks the law of the country they are in.
- Local Relations – if a participant behaves in an unkind or offensive way towards our host country, including but not limited to hotel and coworking staff.
- Reckless Acts – if a participant willingly or unwillingly acts in a way that puts themselves or other participants in an unreasonable amount of danger.
- Community Behavior – if a participant is repeatedly reported on by other participants, or if the participant behaves in a negative and rude way towards other participants.
- Weapons – No weapons are allowed on any Hacker Paradise programming, including at the accommodation, at the workspace or on experiences.
- Hacker Paradise has full authority to decide if one of these acts or behaviours has taken place at its sole discretion. If a participant’s stay and membership has been terminated, it will be treated as a trip Cancellation and standard trip Cancellation terms apply (term 6).
12. Force Majeure
In no event shall Hacker Paradise be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its control, including, without limitation, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, pandemics, nuclear or natural catastrophes or acts of God, and interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services.
13. Changes to the T&Cs
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Upon update, the new terms and conditions shall apply.
This agreement is enforceable in the jurisdiction under which Hacker Paradise, or its successors, is subject to.
15. Paradise Pass Promotion
- Only applies to trips taking place over the calendar year following the Promotion.
- This deal cannot be applied in conjunction with any other discounts (including members discount), promotions or referral commission.
- The Pass can only be redeemed for periods of 4 weeks or more.
- If there is a discrepancy between the value of your Paradise Pass and the value of your chosen trip (trips are priced depending on destination):
- The pass holder will be responsible for paying the difference in cases where the trip total is higher than the Paradise Pass value.
- Hacker Paradise will issue a credit in cases where the trip total is lower and will not provide cash refunds.
- Payment requirements:
- 1 month Paradise Pass – Total invoice to be paid upfront.
- 3 months Paradise Pass – The first 2 months to be paid upfront.
- 6 months Paradise Pass – The first 3 months to be paid upfront.
- Confirm your Paradise Pass destination no less than 60 days before the trip start date. If there is still a remaining balance on your Pass, it will need to be paid at this point.